This course, SQL Querying: Fundamentals, will teach you to use SQL as a tool to retrieve the information you need from databases. You might find that you need to modifying the structure of a table; inserting, updating, deleting data and indexing tables to optimize query performance.
In this course, you will compose SQL queries to retrieve desired information from a database.
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Export the results of a query.
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indexes on table columns and drop inefficient indexes.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, roll back a transaction, and commit a transaction.
1 – EXECUTING A SIMPLE QUERY
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify and Execute a Saved Query
2 – PERFORMING A CONDITIONAL SEARCH
- Search Using One or More Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and NULL Values
- Search Data Based on Patterns
3 – WORKING WITH FUNCTIONS
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
4 – ORGANIZING DATA
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
5 – RETRIEVING DATA FROM MULTIPLE TABLES
- Combine the Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
6 – EXPORTING QUERY RESULTS
- Generate a Text File
- Generate an XML File
7 – USING SUBQUERIES TO PERFORM ADVANCED QUERYING
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
8 – MANIPULATING TABLE DATA
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
9 – MANIPULATING THE TABLE STRUCTURE
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Modify a Table’s Structure
- Back Up Tables
- Delete Tables
10 – WORKING WITH VIEWS
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Delete Views
11 – INDEXING DATA
- Create Indexes
- Drop Indexes
12 – MANAGING TRANSACTIONS
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions